For those in the US Memorial Day is nigh (In Italy the holiday falls on November 2), and since it is the traditional start of the summer grilling season, some ideas:
- Grilled Fish, or Pesce alla Griglia:
A good grill and a fine fish are a marriage made in heaven.
- Sicilian-Style Stuffed Cutlets, or Braciole Imbottite alla Siciliana:
Simple, zesty Sicilian rollups, grilled to perfection.
- Provencale Grilled Tuna:
A fresh tomato and nicoise olive salsa fresca tops grilled herbed tuna steaks.
- Bell Pepper and Pork Spiedini:
Spiedini are skewers, and also what one slips onto the skewer: They're easy to make, easy to tailor to the tastes of one's guests, and easy to grill too.
- Thai Whole Grilled Fish With Coriander-Chilli Sauce:
This healthy barbecue recipe is low-fat, low calorie, and low carbs.
- Cantonese Honey Garlic Spareribs:
Cantonese spareribs are world famous. In this recipe for honey garlic spareribs, the ribs are marinated in a sweet and spicy combination of honey, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce and crushed garlic, and then glazed with honey during baking.
- La Bistecca alla Fiorentina
The Classic Porterhouse Cut, Tuscan Style.
- Grilled Brown Sugar Bananas:
Add vanilla ice cream and liquor as a finishing touch.