If you want to get technical, this is almost a focaccia, because the disk is baked before it's topped. But it is quite zesty, and will be refreshing on a hot day. To make a large pizza alle olive, you'll need:
Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
- About a pound (500 g) of pizza dough
- 1/3 pound (150 g) fresh cherry tomatoes, washed, chopped and drained
- A 4-ounce (100 g) can of tuna, drained and crumbled -- I would prefer packed in oil,
- but you can use packed in brine if you want
- 2 ounces (50 g) baby dill pickles, or whatever other variety you prefer
- 2 ounces (50 g) pitted green olives, sliced
- 2 ounces (50 g) robiola, a mild creamy soft cheese
- Shredded basil
- Olive oil
Spread the dough, in a pizza pan pan if you're using one, or on your work surface if you're using a pizza stone or a wood-fired oven. Drizzle it with a little oil, and let it rise for 10-15 minutes. Then bake it, for 20 minutes in an oven or 3 in a pizza oven. Remove it, top it with the tomato, season with a little salt, and return it to the oven for 10 more minutes, or the pizza oven for about 2. Top it with the remaining ingredients, drizzle a little more oil over it, and serve it at once.
Note: If you make one pizza, it will be large. You could also make two smaller ones.