Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- A Savoy cabbage weighing about 2 1/4 pounds (1 k)
- 2 ounces (weight, 60 g) walnut meats, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 g) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 4/5 cup (200 ml) vegetable broth or bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the butter and the olive oil in a pot large enough to contain the cabbage and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until the onion had become translucent golden, and then add the cabbage leaves. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, over a brisk flame for 5 minutes.
Lower the flame, stir in the walnut meats, and continue cooking for about 10 more minutes.
Add the broth and cook for 15 minutes more, stirring often, or until the liquid is completely absorbed. Check seasoning and serve, with a white wine along the lines of an Arneis.