To serve 6:
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 3 whole chicken breasts
- 6 sheets aluminum foil
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- Several twists of freshly ground pepper
- The leaves of a couple of sprigs of fresh marjoram and thyme (about 1/4 cup packed leaves)
- 1 or two fresh hot peppers, seeded and ribbed
- A 6 ounce (150 g) piece of Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- 8 ounces (200 g) mushrooms, sliced
- Unsalted butter
Preheat your oven to 420 F (210 C).
Lay the slices on the pieces of foil, sprinkle them with the shredded cheese, and lay the sliced mushrooms on top of them. Dot the meat with the butter, close the foil packets, leaving a small whole for steam to escape, and bake the packets for about a half hour.
Serve at once, with a tossed salad or the vegetable you most prefer, and a fairly full bodied white wine, for example a Fiano di Avellino.