Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings spaghetti with tuna
- 3/4 pound (350 g) spaghetti
- 1 or 2 2-ounce (50 g) cans of tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 to 1.5 cups (250-375 ml) chunky tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- A red pepper, shredded
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salted capers, rinsed and chopped, or salt to taste
- A handful of basil leaves, coarsely minced
This could work nicely as a one-course meal with a tossed salad. If you instead want a second course, a grilled fish would be quite nice, again accompanied by a tossed salad.
The wine? A good Soave.
Note:Tim writes that he does something quite similar, but using black olives rather than red pepper.