Thought I'd contribute this wedding soup recipe. This is the one I grew up with, so it's of course the only one I can eat! I don't know if you need this at all, but I felt compelled to send it in.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings Wedding Soup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano (optional)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pound (450 g) ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 14.5-ounce (225 ml) cans chicken broth
- 4 soup cans of water (58 ounces; about a liter)
- One (or two) chicken bouillon cubes, depending on how much chicken flavor you like.
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 chopped medium onion
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
To make the broth, combine the ingredients in a pot or slowcooker. Bring to a boil. Add meatballs. Simmer covered for 45 minutes (4 hrs in slowcooker).
Add uncooked conventional rice and cook another 20 minutes.
OR: add Minute rice and cook another 5 minutes.