Prep Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 55 minutes
- 1 1/3 pounds (600 g) boned pork fillet
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 5 shallots, peeled and sliced
- A 1 3/4-inch (4 cm) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 pound (450 g) green beans
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Put the fillet in a casserole and pour the soy sauce mixture over it. Let it marinate for an hour, turning it occasionally.
When the time is up, heat your oven to 360 F (180 C) and roast the meat for about a half hour.
While the meat is cooking, bring water to a boil, salt it, and (timing things so the meat and the beans are ready at the same time) cook the string beans until they are as done as you like them. Drain them, season them with olive oil, a pinch of salt, and the sesame seeds.
By now the meat should be done; remove it from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes, and slice it. Spoon the drippings over it, and serve it with the beans.
A wine? Difficult, because of the ginger. I might go with a beer in this case, perhaps an India Pale Ale.