Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup green beans, steamed
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced, steamed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- A spring onion, finely sliced and gently sautéed in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft and well wilted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced thyme
- An egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pound (500 g) fresh pasta, in 4-inch (10 cm) squares
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the fagottini for 3 minutes, or until the pasta reaches the al dente stage. Remove them to a serving dish with a slotted spoon (if you drain the pot they will break), and season them with freshly melted unsalted butter and a little freshly grated Parmigiano before serving them.
Yield: 4 servings fagottini stuffed with vegetables.