Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings pasta salad
- 3/4 pound (320 g) corkscrews or similar pasta
- 2 cups (500 ml) rich tomato sauce (regular tomato sauce will also work)
- 3/3 cup sweet pitted black olives (ideally Taggiasca olives)
- 2 heaping tablespoons salted capers, rinsed well
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, rinsed well
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of oregano
- A fresh hot pepper, seeded, stemed, and ribbed (or more or less to taste)
- Salt to taste
Heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and briefly heat the tomato sauce. Stir the olive mixture into it, check seasoning, heat a couple of minutes more, and then return the sauce to the pasta bowl and let it cool.
In the meantime, bring pasta water to a boil, salt it, and cook the pasta. When it reaches the al dente stage, drain it and run it under cold water to cool it.
Mix the cold pasta into the sauce and serve.
A wine? I might be tempted by a rosato here, perhaps from the Salento, in Puglia