Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 6 zucchini, weighing about 1 1/8 pounds (500 g) in all
- 1 1/8 pounds (500 g) fresh asparagus
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (100 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (60 g) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat your oven to 440 F (220 C).
Cut the asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces and sauté them in 2 tablespoons of butter for a few minutes, seasoning them lightly with nutmeg. When they are done put them in the zucchini. Using the milk, a tablespoon of butter, and one of flour, make a béchamel sauce. Salt it, incorporate the remaining cheese, and pour it into the zucchini. Dust the zucchini with a little more cheese, dot them with the remaining butter, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until they are nicely browned. Serve at once.
Yield: 4 servings zucchini stuffed with asparagus.